...Blowing dust advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening...
A blowing dust advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening.
* Affected area...the greater Phoenix metropolitan area and northwest and north central Pinal County.
* Timing...from 2 PM MST this afternoon until 9 PM MST this evening...as strong and gusty thunderstorm outflows develop and move across the region. There is a slight possibility that merging outflows could consolidate and track northwest... forming a haboob...with areas of widespread dense blowing dust.
* Winds...thunderstorm outflow winds of 35 to 45 mph...generally blowing toward the northwest.
* Visibility...rapidly dropping to around 1 mile...possibly lower near open fields and dust-prone areas.
* Impacts...visibilities may be drop suddenly...resulting in hazardous driving conditions. Use caution if you encounter areas of blowing dust.
Be ready for a sudden drop in visibility. If you encounter blowing dust or blowing sand on the roadway or see it approaching...pull off the Road as far as possible and put your vehicle in Park. Turn the lights all the way off and keep your foot off the brake pedal.
Remember...pull aside...stay alive.